Friday, September 9, 2011

No Beef for You!

In Ogden Utah a man is now facing charges... for butchering a cow. Really? I continually shake my head at these dolts that know nothing but the big city. Perhaps it's because I was raised in a rural community. I know where my beef comes from, and my eggs, and my chicken. I have raised chickens and have butchered them myself. Do I now face charges of murder? I wouldn't be surprised if I lived in St. Louis. Honestly, do city people believe that the beef fairy just drops packages of steaks in the grocery store each night? Eggs are laid by bunnies in open green pastures and chicken breast are grown in test tubes?

To top off today's outrage, Boston is now considering banning knives. Not just one specific type of knife. Not just a general length, you know, nothing over 2 feet long, but all knives. I'm going to laugh my ass off when every resteraunt in town starts serving oatmeal because that's all they can cook. Next time the lawmakers want a steak they will have to either use plasticware or go outside the city if they want to cut it up. Next they will ban all pointy objects. That would be OK though, because they will effectively banish their pointy headed selves and maybe some sanity would come back into government.

No comments:

Post a Comment