Tuesday, August 4, 2009

An Open Letter To Senator McCaskill

Dear Senator McCaskill,
First of all, I am amazed at the number of my friends that have contacted you and got the exact same canned response. We talk about this a lot, and we have absolutely nothing to do with the Insurance Industry. We are average Missouri citizens from all walks of life, and we are very unhappy with your response. I really hope your aides read this and pass this message along to you. WE DON’T WANT HEALTHCARE REFORM!!!! My healthcare is my business. I prefer to let the market drive our system because I believe in free trade. I am a diabetic and I don’t want to have to wait for six months to see a doctor. I also don’t want you to write me off because I cost the system too much. I have dealt with both the Veterans Administration and Medicare when my grandfather became older and developed cancer. If either of those two organizations are indications of what our healthcare would become I can tell you that I want NOTHING to do with it.
You and your colleagues on the Health, Education, Labor, and Pension Committee and on the Finance Committee are NOT listening to the people who voted for you! If you want to cover all of the illegal aliens in the country please do not do it with my tax dollars! Do not force the healthy people of this country who do not want to spend their money on healthcare to do just that. I also think you have quite enough of my information. If I wanted to share my medical records with Congress I would give it to them. I have no desire to wait for months for a doctor’s visit and more months for scheduled tests. I don’t want my medicine rationed or denied because it costs too much.
You are correct about one thing. The longer you ignore the people who voted for you the worse it will get and you will find yourself without a job come next election. Start listening to the public and Vote NO on Healthcare Reform!

No comments:

Post a Comment