Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where is my healthcare Mr. Obama?

Ok, today I'm going to bitch about something a little closer to home. In February of this year I had to take my youngest to the ER for dehydration due to a viral illness and severe vomiting and diarrhea. I called his insurance company a couple of weeks ago to find out why they hadn't paid anything on his bill. She told me they had to check if the virus was a "pre-existing condition". I knew something was up then. Well, today I got a letter telling me they had denied his ER visit. Here is what they said:

"The above emergency room claim has not been approved because:
the condition, viral illness, did not warrant an emergency room visit. The symptoms of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and weakness could have been evaluated in a less acute setting. The medical evaluation could have been performed at a physicians's office."

My son started running fever, throwing up, and running to the bathroom every five minutes on Friday night. By Sunday he was dehydrated and going downhill. I hadn't been able to stop the vomiting or diarrhea with OTC drugs. Now tell me, what would you do? I took him to the ER thinking that this was one of the instances that I bought the insurance for. Now they are telling me I was a bad parent to needlessly running my kid to ER. I guess they wanted me to wait until he had a seizure or was unconcious from the dehydration before I sought treatment for him.

The next letter I opened was from his previous insurance company denying a claim for a hand X-ray for the same kid from last November. They are telling me that because it was an accident it will be covered under the accident rider on his policy, which hasn't met the deductible of $2500.00. When the hell did that get added?! I didn't agree to that BS.

So this is where our healthcare is going. Just because they have to provide you with a policy under this new law (Which won't take effect until 2014 BTW.), they don't have to pay the God Damned Bill. They also get to raise your rates anytime they feel like it. Welcome to Obamacare folks. It just gets worse from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment