Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring is here. Take a deep breath

I took yesterday off to celebrate spring. Easter weekend means baby chicks to me. I went down and picked up my new flock. It occurs to me that we get so caught up in the turmoil of politics and the travesty of our current government that sometimes we forget what is really important.

Spending time with my children is one big one. My boy tried for his license again. Have you ever heard of a 16 year old failing his drivers test for being "too cautious". That is literally what the officer said. I guess I should be happy. At least he's not playing Dukes of Hazzard. LOL. My heart breaks for him though. I wanted him to get it so badly. It's a rite of passage for each young man that ushers him into adulthood.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with our new baby chickens and cheering him up. There is nothing cuter than a fuzzy little chick peeping at you from your cupped hand. Chickens are so funny. They act alot like people when people are in groups. We could learn alot from them took. Only people who raise chickens will get that one, but it's true.

So, my words of wisdom for this Easter holiday... step back, take a deep breath, tell the ones you love that you love them. Forget all the BS that goes on in the world for a weekend. We can always pick it back up on Monday. Remember the things that are really important. Family, life, love, and happiness. Blessings be to all of you. Even those of you who aren't Christian's. Whether you like it or not, I wish you happiness and health on this special weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment