Thursday, May 13, 2010

Obama to punish "Oil" companies

I thought Obama was a smart guy.  Here's another economic's 101 course for you.  When we impose a tax on the oil companies, it doesn't mean a damned thing to them.  All they do is up the price of gas to cover the new "punishment".  This new "punishment tax" is not going to hurt the oil companies.  It is only going to hurt the already hurting American People. 

I have never understood wanting to hurt the companies that are successful.  Is your soul really that full of hatred, bile and jealousy that you want to hurt people just because they are successful and you are not?  I see the same thing in the computer industry.  People want to hurt Bill Gates because Microsoft is the most successful predator in the market.  They would be tickled to death if their companies could be as successful as Microsoft.  I guarantee you that Bill is not losing one nights sleep because you can't get it together. 

I had someone come up to me one day and exclaim "I just scratched a lottery ticket and won $10,000!"  I immediately hugged them and told them how happy I was for them.  Two other "friends" that were standing there cursed and turned away.  Turns out she was telling a story about her husband giving her one of those joke tickets.  I was told later by someone watching that this was actually a psych test they do in college.  You can tell a persons basic nature by their immediate reaction to the person winning.  Some companies devise tests of this nature for candidates who are up for promotion.  The ones who are truly happy and don't exhibit jealousy get the promotion.  The others have a tendancy to stir up trouble and stab people in the back to advance.

I think the problems in America boil down to this same scenario.  In my grandmother's time the majority of people would have hugged the winner and congratulated them.  Today, the majority of people will turn their back and curse them for their good fortune.  This brings the desire to "Punish" the winners.  What really happens in the end is that you punish yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment