Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some days I wonder why I do this

The only people who ever post anything out here are the liberals who want to bad mouth me.  I think most of the time I am just talking to myself.  Even the badmouthing posts are few and far between.   I get so tired of all the BS going on in politics. 

My mom and I were talking about what working in state government is like.  She compared it to Stephan King's "The Long Walk".  You make friends, you talk all the time, but when they fall behind you have to keep your eyes looking forward and let them go or go down with them.  I on the other hand liken it to the Tudors.  State Government is very much like the royal court of England in the old days.  You have a bunch of power hungry people all simultaneously vieing for the kings (Governor's) attention and trying to remain low key.  If you do catch the eye of the king (Governor), you can either ride a wave of power and influence until it swallows you whole, or be beheaded because you didn't kiss long enough or suck hard enough to please him.  There has to be more to life than this sham.  I've been in Government for way too long.  The inmates are running the asylum.

No comments:

Post a Comment