Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tax Day Tea Partys Rock!

The tea parties across America had the largest turnout of any protest in US history. These are the kinds of domestic terrorist acts that us right wing conservatives perpetrate. Oooohhhh, we are so violent. An organized, civil protest with no riots and the innocuous use of Tea Bags. Lipton should thank us for the stimulus provided by the free market.

I again participated in my radio experiment. I had a long drive the 14th so I listened to CNN. For 45 minutes there was not one word of tax day or tea parties. Fox, NBC, ABC all had stories. On CNN they talked about the new dog at the white house and other human interest stories. Now MSNBC makes fun of the tea parties and calls everyone who participated tea baggers. CNN's reporters refuse to take a neutral stance and try to paint the participants as out of control. This just gets more Orwellian each day. But the turn out yesterday gives me some hope. Pelosi can make fun of us all she wants, but we voted her ass in, and we can vote her out. I am not a republican or a democrat. I am a libertarian. And I think more Americans are turning to this point of view every day. Perhaps this is the third party we need, if it can overcome the stigmas and be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment