Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The awful truth - War is Ugly

It seems to me that the left wing has this outrageous idea that war can somehow be a polite affair. Our current presidents about face on the potential prosecution of former administration officials falls right in line with this. They just don't get it. War is an ugly, dirty, nasty affair, as it well should be. The horrors of war should act as a deterrent to war in the first place. We should not treat war lightly or with casual indifference, but with a cautious attitude as a last resort.

The people of California should be most grateful because our "torture" of these killers prevented them from being hit. For all we know, they would be a smoking ruin without these techniques. The enemy certainly doesn't have any moral issue with cutting our peoples heads off while they scream. They have no problem raping women from their own people to gain information. I haven't seen that particular tactic in our military yet.

So let's look deeper. Why does President Obama want to out our interrogation techniques, stop the use of them, punish our officials who use them, and leave us open to more attacks? Some of my more paranoid friends say he wants us to get hit so he can use FEMA to suspend government and have a complete takeover. Others believe he wants us to get hit so he can use the opportunity to have a bigger power grab. And finally, there is the possibility that he is just that stupid. I think I fall somewhere in between my paranoid friends and the ones who think its a power grab. I think he does have a reason. Is it a messianic complex so he can appear the savior? I don't know what his reason is, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like it. I don't think any american lives should be lost because the left wants to make our country vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment